The Trump Rule
Congressional Reform Act of 2017
- No Tenure / No Pension. A Congressman / woman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they’re out of office.
- Congress (past, present, & future) participates in Social Security. All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the American people. It may not be used for any other purpose.
- Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.
- Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.
- Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.
- Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.
- All contracts with past and present Congressmen/women are void effective 7/1/17. The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen/women.
Congress made all these contracts for themselves. Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators should serve their term(s), then go home and go back to work.
If each person contacts a minimum of twenty people, then it will only take three days for most people in the U.S. to receive the message. It’s time!
THIS IS HOW YOU FIX CONGRESS!
Uh…no. Life is not that simple.
In theory, just like the term limits promise from candidates in the early Nineties, it’s a good idea. In reality, mankind is at best corruptible and at worst corrupt. Therefore, our politicians get to Washington and change their behavior to server THEIR interests rather than the people’s interests.
Bottom line: it just doesn’t matter what we try to do. Even if we drain the swamp, enough of the new crop of politicians will be corrupted and we’ll be right back to where we started. The brilliant historian Martin Armstrong has studied all cultures from the beginning of recorded history. He has discovered – and shown – that any form of government becomes wholly corrupt within two years due to human nature and the politicians and the state become self-serving.
Taxes go up until the people revolt or the economy crumbles. In the very early days, leaders would form large armies and invade neighboring countries to plunder them for their money and bounty in order to survive. But eventually the economy and the form of government, regardless of what it was, crashed and burned, and the cycle would repeat itself.
Sad but true…
Martin Armstrong believes the only true solution is to change the form of government every two years…before the swamp creatures have time to move the furniture in and establish permanent residence.
— The Liberator